The LCC Difference
Layman College Consulting was founded on the belief that planning for college should be an exciting and enjoyable part of the high school experience—not an overwhelming one. We’re committed to preparing high school students with the tools they need to transition successfully into their next step, while taking the stress out of the equation. That means providing students with not only top-notch educational resources, but also personalized guidance to simplify the process along the way.
When you work with us, you can feel confident that you’re in the hands of experts. Led by Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA) Associate Member Elease Layman, all of our services are grounded in industry best practices and follow the professional standards set forth by the IECA.
We use our own proprietary test prep and college consulting curriculum, incorporating official SAT and ACT materials along the way. In fact, several schools across the country have brought us on as a test prep partner, including
- Westminster Schools of Augusta (Augusta, GA)
- Vail Christian High School (Edwards, CO)
- Richmond County School System (Augusta, GA)
- Summit Christian Academy (Yorktown, VA)
Average SAT point increase
Average ACT point increase
Average college campus visits per year by Elease Layman
As a full-service organization specializing in postsecondary planning, we’re here to make your life easier. We provide direct access to knowledgeable experts, who can offer support with everything from developing a list of best-fit schools and managing the application process to fine-tuning personal statements and preparing for college interviews. Our offerings include
- Consulting Services: We work closely with students and parents to help them navigate the entire postsecondary planning process.
- Test Prep: We provide both individual tutoring and group sessions to prepare students for success on the PSAT, SAT, and ACT exams.
- Classes & Workshops: We offer school-wide test prep courses, curricular training programs for high school teachers, and seminars for parents and students alike. Contact us to partner with your school.
The U.S. Department of Education reports that in today’s public schools, each guidance counselor is responsible for an average of 476 students. You won’t find that here. We keep our caseloads to 20 students per tutor or lower—ensuring that all students receive a personalized approach that fits their needs. We also structure our services to fit students’ busy lives, offering both online and in-person formats to work around students’ schedules.
Peace of Mind
We know the college planning process backward and forward—and all the pain points along the way—so we’re well positioned to take that weight off your shoulders, creating a seamless and harmonious transition for our students.